Sony announced a little while ago that a major new firmware update would be released for the PS4 soon. The update is currently being beta-tested by selected users. Eurogamer managed to get their hands on some patch notes, detailing what new features are being added to the PS4 OS with the new update.
Here’s a quick rundown of what Eurogamer managed to find out:
- PS4 Pro users gain access to 1080p/60FPS Twitch streaming
- The PS4 Quick Menu will now display Notifications.
- Players will be able to ‘Follow’ anyone’s account (not just verified PS4 users)
- Users can block one another and decide who they want to allow to follow them
- Family accounts will give parents more control over their kids’ accounts with parental controls and their can be ‘Adult’ accounts.
- The new Family accounts will also be able to be managed via a web application on PC and mobile (similar to the Nintendo Switch Parental Controls app)
While Eurogamer was able to get these details, the release date of the new firmware update is still unknown. Even so, it would be appropriate to assume that it’s not far off.
Having been introduced to video games at the age of 3 via a Nintendo 64, A.K has grown up in the culture. A fan of simulators and racers, with a soft spot for Nintendo! But, he has a great respect for the entire video game world and enjoys watching it all expand as a whole.