Polyphony Digital has rolled out a brand-new update to the PS4-exclusive Gran Turismo Sport. This latest update makes a lot of improvements to the game, and also adds some new features and content. The highlight of this update is the addition of the new single-player mode called GT League, along with 12 new DLC cars. The update has also added a new course layout.
Check out the release trailer:
If you want an in-depth overview of all the new additions that this update brings, check out the release notes:
Main Features Implemented
– ‘GT League’ has been added. This is a mode in which you can challenge a variety of races using cars from your garage. (For every league, there is a prerequisite Driver Level required to enter.)
– The following 12 cars have been added:
Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V?spec II (R32) (N300)
Nissan Skyline GT-R V?spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
Ferrari F40 (N500)
Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
KTM X-BOW R(N300)
Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)
– A new layout, the “Kyoto Driving Park Yamagiwa + Miyabi” has been added.
– We have added the “Lewis Hamilton Reference Laps #1 – Nürburgring” to the ‘Lewis Hamilton’ section of Brand Central;
– A museum section has been added to Chevrolet;
– Special Scapes spots have been added to Bugatti.
Top 24 Superstars
– In the FIA Championships within Sport mode, a ‘Top 24 Superstars’ race will be held as the final round of each race season. This will be a single race of the final round, where only the top 24 groups will be matched together. This race will provide more points than a standard race.
– Added a new [Settings] section under [Event Settings] -> [Regulation Settings].
Physics Simulation Model
– Traction control while turning has been adjusted to allow smoother cornering.
– The DUALSHOCK®4 motion sensor steering sensitivity has been adjusted so that steering requires less inclination.
– It is now possible to set throttle and brakes in the buttons assignments of the wireless and steering controllers. The settings can be changed from [Options] -> [Controller];
– Fixed an issue where the operation of the left/right stick on the T-GT steering controller was affected by the settings assigned for the wireless controller.
– Tyres screeching sounds have been adjusted;
– The sound balance of the Chaparral Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo has been adjusted.
– Thai language support has been added to the Asian version.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
– Various other issues have been addressed.
Having been introduced to video games at the age of 3 via a Nintendo 64, A.K has grown up in the culture. A fan of simulators and racers, with a soft spot for Nintendo! But, he has a great respect for the entire video game world and enjoys watching it all expand as a whole.