Earlier today, a PlayStation Blog post courtesy of SCUF Gaming CEO Duncan Ironmonger (How awesome of a name is that?) officially unveiled a new high-performance controller for the PlayStation 4. The controller, referred to as the SCUF Vantage, offers a wide variety of customization and features to ensure players perform at the highest level possible. Here are some of the controller’s key traits, as written in the PlayStation Blog post:
- Side-mounted right and left ‘Sax’ buttons
- Removable faceplate enabling players to swap out thumbsticks and customize the controller
- A swipable touch bar for audio allowing players to control volume without taking their hands off of the controller
- Removable vibration modules which allow the player to reduce the controller’s weight
- Four removable back paddles
- Quick-access remapping switch
- Thumbsticks with 3 different heights and concave or convex settings
- Adjustable Hair triggers
- Trigger stops and extenders
- Swappable D-pads
- Interchangeable magnetic faceplate
Taking many cues from the Xbox Elite controller and other professional controllers, the SCUF Vantage will hopefully allow PlayStation players a new, officially licensed way to up their game. The SCUF Vantage will launch in the US late summer 2018 and will run players $170 for the wired model and $200 for a Bluetooth version.
Reviews Editor at Nintendo Enthusiast. I am a major fan of all consoles and eras. Follow me on Twitter @habitablestorm3 to watch me tweet about the many old games I love to spend time with.