What are remote play reviews? – PlayStation Vita remote play reviews analyze and critique how a game plays on Vita via remote play. The opinions throughout this review don’t necessarily reflect the quality of the game. However, in some instances, I will speak about the actual game itself. Lastly, the final review score given is based purely on how the game plays on the Vita. Thanks and be sure to subscribe if you’re also a member of Vita island.
Today, I wanted to talk about Insomniac’s long-awaited Spider-Man game that recently launched exclusively on PS4. Here is the remote play video review, below you can find some bullet points going over the pros and cons of Spider-Man in remote-play.
- Using back touch to web-sling isn’t ideal. Simple web-slinging isn’t too bad but the more complex stuff is tough to get the hang of
- If you have an R2/L2 attachment for your PS Vita then you’re likely in for a much better experience, as it’s the back touch that prevents the control scheme from being great.
- With most games in remote play, you’ll need to turn up the brightness in the settings. However, with Spider-Man it’s not really necessary. I recommend adjusting it to your liking.
- For remote play, be sure to turn off motion blur and film grain. I do this with every game if I’m playing in remote-play. It just makes things a little crisper and easier to see on a smaller screen
- As always, make sure HDR is off in the game’s settings. Unlike Detroit: Become Human, Spider-Man lets you toggle this on and off in-game.
- Combat in the game isn’t too bad once you get used to it – However, don’t expect to earn any high scores in challenge modes while in remote play.
- I recommend only using PS Vita remote play with Spider-Man when you’re looking for collectibles (not during high-action moments or story-related cinematics.
- The camera is backed far away from Spidey causing things to be tougher to see (like enemies and collectibles).
- As of right now, you can’t change the game’s control scheme, which is really infortunate for Vita remote play gamers.
- Overall, it seems like not much thought was put into the Vita controls. Which, you can’t really blame Insomniac, as the Vita’s is nearing its end
We are still currently working on our full traditional review of Marvel’s Spider-Man for PS4. So be on the lookout for that as it will be up in a few days time. As for PS Vita remote play reviews, what other games would you like to see us cover? Have you played Spider-Man for PlayStation 4 yet? Be sure to leave all your thoughts in the comments section below, or join the discussion over on our Facebook page!
Related video: God of War PS Vita Remote Play Review
Here at PlayStation Enthusiast, we are covering the latest PlayStation titles in written and video format. If you’re more interested in video content you can check out our official YouTube channel here. We are constantly putting out interesting features and opinion pieces that may interest you. Head over to our home screen and see if anything catches your eye!
Brett Medlock is a senior editor and a lead on video production here at Enthusiast Gaming. He’s obsessed with action-adventure games, platinum trophies, and K-pop. To hear more about how lame he is, follow him on Twitter @brettnll