After the official announcement at The Game Awards, the gameplay for Netherrealm’s upcoming game, Mortal Kombat 11, was revealed today in spectacular fashion. For starters, fan speculation based on UFC and WWE star Ronda Rousey’s latest social media tease heading into the reveal has proven to be true. The superstar athlete is the voice of Sonya Blade in Mortal Kombat 11. Here’s a quick synopsis of the other items we learned from this heated debut of Mortal Kombat 11.
- The story will follow what occurred in Mortal Kombat X
- Time-manipulation will be involved in the storyline as evidenced by a young Lui Kang and Kung Lao in the footage.
- Kronika, the Keeper of Time, will be the primary antagonist. It should also be noted that she is the first female boss character in the series.
- Geras, a servant to Kronika, joins the roster as a playable fighter. His special move sets involve the use of sand.
- The 8 characters confirmed for the MK11 roster at this time are Sub-Zero, Scorpion, Sonya Blade, Skarlet, Baraka, Raiden, and Geras. The eighth character, Shao Kahn, is a pre-order bonus.
- More characters will be announced at a later date.
- Characters are also deeply customizable. Weapons and attire can be customized with a variety of costume and gear variants and colors.
- A Gamestop exclusive Kollector’s Edition of the game will be available. This edition will come with the game, a steelbook, and a Scorpion mask bust. It is not available for pre-order yet.
There is still more to come from Mortal Kombat 11 before its launch date in April. So, stay tuned! And be sure to check out some of the footage below!