It’s been a good few weeks since we last saw a significant update to Rockstar’s Red Dead Online Beta, but the latest is a doozy.
Not only can players look forward to hundreds of new customization options, major bugs and rebalancing work has also been done.
While the full patch notes are extensive, the more essential fixes for Red Dead Online Beta 1.06 is as follows:
- Daily Challenges
Complete rotating objectives to earn bonus cash, gold XP. For example, today’s inaugural Daily Challenges include:
- Kill 5 players with a Double-Barreled Shotgun
- Join 1 Gun Rush team
- Kill 3 players from a moving train
- Change your hairstyle once.
- New Weapon: Rare Shotgun
An ornately-decorated double-barreled shotgun. Found in the Catalogue under Unique Weapons.
- Bounties and Bounty Hunters: Criminal activity now results in a cash-value bounty being placed on your head. If you manage to earn a significant bounty, NPC bounty hunters will begin tracking and ambushing you.
- New Emotes: 12 new emotes have been added in the following styles:
- Dramatic Actions
- Greetings and Receptions
- Emotional Reactions
- Taunts and Jeers
- New Clothing Items: Hundreds of new clothing items for male and female avatars have been/are being added to in-game stores. New hats, coats, vests, shirts, pants, and accessories have all been added. Some are marked with a “Coming Soon” tag and are currently unavailable for purchase.
- Player Blips: Player map markers now only appear if you are within close proximity, and fade to invisibility as you get farther away. Players who are behaving dishonorably (committing crimes, killing NPCs and other players, etc) will have darker map icons (similar to GTA Online’s Mental State function) and will appear on your maps at greater distances.
- Parlay & Feud Update: The multi-kill restriction placed on the parlay/feud functions have been reduced to a single kill.
- Weapon Tweaks: Rockstar has slightly reduced the range at which headshots deal critical damage for all weapons. It has also increased damage done by the Carcano and Rolling Bock Rifles, as well as the damage done to limb and body shots with the Varmint Rifle. Arrow trails are now more visible.
- Dead Eye Skill Tweaks: No DeadEye cards except Paint it Black allow for perfect accuracy anymore. Individual card updates can be found in the full patch notes.