After sharing some welcomed news about the upcoming seasons for Diablo 3, Blizzard has now shared even more concrete details about their plans as season 18 begins this August 23.
The new season will bring about the Season of the Triune, “a call-back to an ancient cult forged over three millennia ago by the Prime Evils of the Burning Hells,” according to the press release. To try to upset the balance, the Prime Evils disguised themselves as three benevolent deities to garner the favor of men. Defeated by the might of the Uldyssiuan during the Sin War, “the remnants of the Cult of the Triune still operate today as the more well-known Coven, whom continue the work of Adria and Magdha even after their deaths.”
Players will get to experience the Power of the Triune buff throughout season 18, which occasionally summons a circle on the battlefield that gives one of the following buffs:
- Triune of Love (Power): Players in the circle receive a 100% damage bonus while active
- Triune of Determination (Resource Reduction): Players in the circle receive a 50% discount on resources spent while active
- Triune of Creation (Cooldown Reduction): While standing in an active circle, any skills currently on cooldown come off of cooldown more quickly
This is Blizzard’s way of trying something different, adding a tangible change to gameplay right from the off. The buff “alters gameplay from level 1 to level 70 and beyond, providing an enticing reason to move around the battlefield to leverage these powerful boosts.”
Of course, a new season signals even more cosmetic rewards. However, Diablo 3‘s season 18 will also be bringing back awards that were previously available in season 6 as well.
In addition to the Chest and Gloves slots of the exclusive Conqueror Set, players will be able to earn a series of portrait frames bedecked with the mysterious beauty of Blood Shards. A ghastly All Hallow’s pennant will also be available, allowing you to proudly proclaim your love for all things grim and creepy.
For the Season Journey rewards, players will earn one additional tab each Season by finishing the Conqueror tier, up to a maximum of five:
- Guardian of Sanctuary: Finish a level 70 Nephalem Rift on Torment XIII within five minutes
- Gem of My Life: Level three Legendary Gems to level 55
- All I Do IS Win: Complete two Conquests this Season
- Disarm You: Kill Rakanoth at level 70 in under 15 seconds on Torment XIII difficulty
- Money Ain’t A Thang: Slay Greed on Torment XIII difficulty
- Take U There: Reach Greater Rift level 60 Solo
- Power Amplification: Use Kanai’s Cube to augment an Ancient Legendary item with a level 50+ gem
- Cubic Reconfiguration: Use Kanai’s Cube to reforge a Legendary item
Seasonal conquests for season 18 of Diablo 3 will be adding a new host of challenges for players to show off their prowess.
Push your way to Greater Rift level 75 to complete Divinity/Lionhearted. On a Good Day/I Can’t Stop guides you to get your Legendary Gem grind on; level three Legendary Gems to 65 to complete this challenge! For the speedy, Speed Demon/Need for Speed requires the fastest nephalem to complete a Nephalem Rift at level 70 on Torment X or higher in under two minutes. For Curses!/Stars Align, pick any Cursed Chest event that requires killing monsters and defeat over 350 or more at level 70 on Torment X or higher.
For the fiercest demon slayers, Boss Mode/World’s Apart is a speed challenge where you’ll need to eliminate the following bosses at level 70 and Torment X in under twenty minutes:
- The Skeleton King
- The Butcher
- Zoltun Kulle
- Queen Araneae
- Siegebreaker Assault Beast
And lastly, the Haedrig’s Gift class set rewards have been reshuffled once more. “Completing Chapters 2, 3, and 4 of the Season Journey will reward you with three of Haedrig’s Gifts. Each Gift contains a few pieces from one of your Class Sets. Players can only unlock one Class Set in this manner per Season across Hardcore and Non-Hardcore, so choose wisely!”
For the full patch notes for season 18 of Diablo 3, Blizzard has got you covered.