Square Enix announced the official release date for Final Fantasy XIV Online’s newest NieR themed update, patch 5.1. As a highlight, this update brings NieR inspired content and is titled ‘Vows of Virtue, Deeds of Cruelty’. Thus, one of the main additions in this patch is the YoRHa: Dark Apocalypse alliance raid, a new NieR themed 24-player raid for Final Fantasy XIV Online. Furthermore, patch 5.1 will be available to download on October 29.
Alongside this announcement, a new gameplay trailer released today. Notably, this trailer gives a sneak peek of what’s stored for players in the first major patch since the Shadowbringer expansion launched.
The inclusion of NieR is not the only prominent addition in this Final Fantasy XIV Online patch. In addition, Naoki Yoshida, Director and Producer of the game, gave some additional information about the changes that this update will bring to the core game.
Final Fantasy XIV Patch 5.1 details
- The next chapter in the main storyline of Shadowbringers will become available in this patch.
- A new 24-player NieR inspired raid titled ‘The Copied Factory’ featuring Yosuke Saito and Toko Taro.
- New Game+ available. Also, it keeps your character and level for completed quests. Furthermore, this includes the main quests in Heavensward, Stormblood, and Shadowbringers.
- Hade’s trial in high difficulty.
- Beast Tribe quest with a new questline.
- New PvP map ‘Onsal Hakair’.
- Some Job adjustments, changes in crafting and gathering.
- New Gold Saucer GATE: ‘The Slice is Right’.
- Introduction to the ‘Fellowship’ community system.
- Updates in performance and system updates.
Final Fantasy XIV Online is going to be packed with content this October after this NieR inspired patch! Lastly, if you want to try the game, you can sign in for a PS4 free trial right here.
In other news, if you’re a fan of Okami or Japanese artwork in general, this news might lighten your day. Okami may be coming back thanks to Ikumi Nakamura, read all about it here.