As the big launch day of Bungie’s Destiny 2 expansion, Shadowkeep, continues, there is more to know than just server issues that is bugging the launch. The free-to-play version of the game, New Light, has also launched for those who are new to the game and want to give it a shot with no costs.
In a Twitter thread, Bungie has shared a list of vital information and known issues for players to take note, and some of them can be really significant to the experience.
One of the known issues will require players to delete their characters, if you have started Destiny 2 “right before” the September 30 maintenance that prepped the game for Shadowkeep. This will eliminate the error of your character being shown with 0 power.
This is but one of the “top issues” that the developers are looking into, and here is a list to take note of if you are playing Shadowkeep while the bugs are being ironed out:
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep And New Light Things To Know:
- Season Passes will be applied to the first set of characters that signs in. If you plan to Cross Save but will use other characters later, it’s recommended to set up Cross Save before logging in.
- Pre-order and bonus items can be found on Eris Morn after completing the first Moon mission.
- Forsaken subclasses are only available with a Forsaken or Shadowkeep game license.
- Pulling Legendary armor from Collections will always give Armor 1.0.
- Certain achievements/trophies can only be unlocked by owning Forsaken.
- The Premonition Legendary Pulse Rifle incorrectly states that it’s “Found by exploring the Moon” but the source is actually from the new dungeon, which will become available soon.
Destiny 2 Shadowkeep And New Light Known Issues:
- Players have to wait a week if the “Firewall” quest step is dismantled after completing Eris’ weekly bounty. If the “Luna’s Calling” weekly quest is deleted before collecting rewards, and the bounty is reclaimed, player have to wait a week.
- Some players who started Destiny 2 for the first time right before maintenance on 9/30 will be at 0 Power when logging in. To resolve this, players will need to delete that character.
- The “Show Me What You Got” achievement/trophy can’t be unlocked by veteran players with three characters.
- Only Crucible daily bounties will count towards the Redrix’s Broadsword quest step, “The Constant.”
- Strike Playlist completions will count toward certain exotic quests, but Strikes selected on Destinations won’t.
- The “Enhance!” EDZ quest is no longer available to veteran characters.
- The Exodus Black Nessus quest can’t be reclaimed if abandoned.
- Reviewing Crucible Engrams will incorrectly state that Forsaken is required to earn them.
- Certain warnings will appear for Nightfalls that require players to have certain mods equipped, but won’t account for teammate loadouts.
- The Scan Patrol Triumph won’t gain progress if scans are completed in the Moon’s Chasm area.
- Lunafaction Boots incorrectly state that using them in Rifts will automatically reload weapons, but they will actually increase weapon reload speed.