Although the main game has been delayed to 2020, that has not stopped the return of Vampire: The Masquerade with other properties. Announced at PDX Con 2019 over the weekend, developer Draw Distance took to the stage to announce Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York, a visual novel, will launch on December 4 for PC, and will come to PS4 and Xbox One later.
? Vampire: the Masquerade – Coteries of New York will launch December 4th 2019 on PC!
The Nintendo Switch version of the game will be released in Q1 2020. ?and? we are talking with @PdxInteractive about PS4 and Xbox One versions?. #PDXCON2019 #labynight #vamily #vtmcony pic.twitter.com/Bbje1uPGVT
— Draw Distance (@DrawDistanceDev) October 19, 2019
Set in the same universe as the Worlds of Darkness, aka the mainline Vampire games, it is interesting to note it is not directly linked to the delayed Troika Games’ role-playing title, Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines 2.
As its Steam page describes it,
Vampire: The Masquerade – Coteries of New York presents the struggle for power between two vampiric factions: Camarilla and Anarchs among the iconic buildings and night lights of Big Apple. It’s a single-player narrative experience, set in a rich, fully licensed, globally recognized universe of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition.
The key features include:
- Choose your character from one of several distinct Clans.
- Every playable character offers unique powers (Disciplines), different ethical approaches to certain issues, and dialogue lines.
- Character-oriented quests allow you to create your own coterie and shape your relations by reinforcing NPC loyalties.
- Highly replayable – choices made in the game are reflected by the game’s changing fiction.
- Various endings depending on your actions – which conclusion will you reach?
- Suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of mature narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting.